[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: MAPHASH problems in Interlisp??
- To: Masinter at PARC-MAXC, KINI at USC-ISIB
- Subject: Re: MAPHASH problems in Interlisp??
- From: Steve Crocker <Crocker at USC-ISIF>
- Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1982 17:33:20 -8000
- Date: 1 Mar 1982 1732-PST
- Cc: InterlispSites^ at PARC-MAXC
- In-reply-to: Your message of 1-Mar-82 1309-PST
- Mail-from: Arpanet host USC-ISIF rcvd at 1-MAR-82 1732-PST
An alternative strategy is not to use MAPHASH at all. An auxiliary
list may be kept, suitably updated whenever items are added to or deleted
from the table.
If this sounds ridiculously expensive, I submit that it competes with the
proposed solution for some frequencies of MAPHASHing, adding, deleting and
It would be interesting to see the crossover point.