floating point numbers in Lucid Lisp on the Apollo

The DOMAIN/CommonLISP Reference Manual p.12-6 says:
"Common Lisp designates four floating-point number formats:
short-float, single-float, double-float, and long-float.  ...
DOMAIN/CommonLISP represents all four types of floating-point
numbers in the single-float format."  I had previously
discovered this for myself.

I expect some Apollo machines have double-floats.  True?
So, I guess this just means that Lucid has decided not to give
its users access to Apollo double-floats at this time?

Can anyone clarify this?