[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
floating point numbers in Lucid Lisp on the Apollo
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: floating point numbers in Lucid Lisp on the Apollo
- From: Jeffrey P. Golden <jpg@ALLEGHENY.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Sat, 26 Sep 87 19:57 EDT
- Cc: jpg@ALLEGHENY.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
The DOMAIN/CommonLISP Reference Manual p.12-6 says:
"Common Lisp designates four floating-point number formats:
short-float, single-float, double-float, and long-float. ...
DOMAIN/CommonLISP represents all four types of floating-point
numbers in the single-float format." I had previously
discovered this for myself.
I expect some Apollo machines have double-floats. True?
So, I guess this just means that Lucid has decided not to give
its users access to Apollo double-floats at this time?
Can anyone clarify this?