expected traffic increase

As many of you know, in addition to a final draft of the specification,
we at PARC are also working on a large document (~ 200 pages) which
describes the basic concepts underlying the MOP.  I call it a narrated
deriviation of the MOP.  It starts with a (simplified) CLOS without a
MOP.  Then, by working through a series of examples, it derives a MOP.
Issues of design for functionality and performance are treated.

We have recently circulated a draft of this document for comments, and
asked people to send their comments to this mailing list.  Any of you on
this list who don't already have a copy of this can ftp Postscript
source from arisia.xerox.com:/pcl/mop/amop.ps.Z.

Gregor