Continuing comments on Draft 11

    Date: Fri, 2 Nov 1990 01:07 EST
    From:	Jon L White <jonl@lucid.com>

    In addition, as far as I know, no one has addressed the question of
    methods requireing "next methods" context yet.

It turns out that I reimplemented how method combination works, and
forgot to tell myself that things turned out simpler that time around.
I no longer have any strong objections to the hierarchy of method
classes.  I am mildly wondering if we need accessor methods at all, but
haven't had a chance to think about it yet.

Internally, in our implementation, all the functions that implement
methods (I'll avoid the word method-function), as well as those which
implement the connecting glue of an effective method, take an extra
argument.  The second value returned form MAKE-METHOD-LAMBDA tells what
the method's function expects to find in the extra argument.  Our method
combination code fills in the extra argument.  Presumably an
APPLY-METHOD-LAMBDA kind of thing would have to do the same thing.