Re: Continuing comments on Draft 11

   Date: 	Thu, 1 Nov 1990 22:07:46 PST
   From: Jon L White <jonl@lucid.com>

   [First, some points of continuing interchage with your recent message;
    then two new comments on Draft 11. I will have more new comments at a
    later time, hopefully before Nov 15.]

Note that the November 15th date is of particular importance for the
gray volume (part 1).  While the pink volume (part 2) is important---it
delivers the details of (much of) one MOP design---part 1 is really more
now.  Given that we are no longer trying to establish a standard, but
rather trying to deliver the results of a useful piece of work, the
explanations of concepts and background in part 1 are of more lasting
value than the details of a particular design.

Which is not to say that I don't want to try and improve the existing
design.  I do, and I appreciate all the feedback people are giving.