Re: Aaron Larson's comments

> Date: Tue, 31 Oct 89 00:20 EST
> From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
>
>     pg 2-11, under property list:
>
>       also, in last (single sentence) paragraph.  what does it mean
>       "initially"?  Does this imply that all CL defined symbols must have null
>       plists?  Or is this just a property of MAKE-SYMBOL?
>
> This sounds like a genuine hole in the specification that needs to go to
> the committee.  Of course I think it's just a property of MAKE-SYMBOL,
> but some others might think the reverse.  PACKAGE-CLUTTER:REDUCE seems
> to be on my side.

I think this is just a mistake in transcription.  The source of this
statement appears to be on CLtL p 164: "When a symbol is created, its
property list is initially empty." I don't see a contradiction in
allowing implementations to hang properties off of symbols in the CL
package *after* those symbols have been created.

-Sandra
-------