expansion of list

   Date: Tue, 31 Oct 89 14:49 EST
   From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

       Date: 31 Oct 89  1041 PST
       From: Dick Gabriel <RPG@SAIL.Stanford.EDU>

       I added Sandra to this group (quinquevirate) since we cc her
       on everything anyway. Should I add Pitman to it?

   Yes.  I don't think we say anything on this list that we'd be
   afraid to have either of them hear, and they both do a lot of work.

I recently conducted the interesting exercise of constructing a
histogram of authors of X3J13 proposals: a name gets one point
for appearing anywhere in the edit history of a proposal.

Masinter's name appears on over half.  After him, the Big Three are
Loosemore, Moon, and Pitman (forty or more apiece).  Another five or so
appear on more than ten proposals (JonL, Pierson, myself, and I forget who
else).  Another forty or so names each appear on one or a few proposals.

So my conclusion is, yes, they certainly do a lot of work.

(Disclaimer: this measure completely ignores the size of the
proposal.  So Waters gets one point for the pretty printer
and I get one point for (lcm)=1.)

--Q