Technical and Steering Committees, re-mailed

    Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1986  17:36 EST
    From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
							       (Companies
    would still be free to say things like "Joe Blow was one of the original
    designers of Common Lisp", to the extent that they can do this with a
    straight face.)

As a matter of fact, at a recent academic conference I attended, there
was a side-show with vendors, and I overheard a T.I. salesperson say,
quote, "T.I. is the leader in setting the standards for Common Lisp."
I don't think this has any immediate consequences for the committees,
but you should be aware that some people have very straight faces indeed.