non-list arguments

    Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1986  01:51 EST
    From: Scott E. Fahlman <Fahlman at C.CS.CMU.EDU>

    It certainly doesn't work in Common Lisp because lambda lists don't do
    destructuring in Common Lisp (though the argument lists for macros do
    destructure).

Scheme and T don't have lambda list destructuring; they just use "."
instead of "&rest".

I haven't checked the manuals for T or Scheme but it was certainly the
intent that the list passed to APPLY is unrelated to the list that a
rest-parameter gets bound to.  The rest-list should always be freshly
consed, so e.g. the procedure LIST is equivalent to (LAMBDA X X).  The
last argument to APPLY must be a proper list.  I think Common Lisp takes
the same stance.