Recognizing QUOTE deemed harmful to EVAL's laziness

> From: Jonathan A Rees <JAR@edu.mit.ai.ai>
> I don't quite see what the big deal is.  I agree that reduction is a
> somewhat nicer but it doesn't seem to be a very deep question.  [...]

Well, that depends on whether you're a "purist" or a "pragmatist"
(relatively speaking).  It's like the debate over the lack of a proper
function type in Common Lisp, or the question of whether the need to
use FUNCTION around lambda-expressions is or is not a trivial matter
of syntax...  Well, maybe.