environment networks

I need to know how I might sandwich an arbitrary environment
between two another environments dynamically.  I am presently
finishing up the translation of TI's SCOOPS object oriented
programming system, and I want to eliminate code walk-throughs
entirely.  Being able to let a class environment point to
the instance variables in another environment is desirable.
I think the cleanest way to do that is by changing the parent
of the class environment during the run of the program.

Please send any suggestions/solutions to

sherin@linc.cis.upenn.edu.arpa

Thanks.