Re: Tao, Sues...

TAO is described in a paper by Ikuo Takeuchi, Hiroshi Okuno and
Nobusayu Ohsatu of NTT called ``A List Processing Language TAO with
Multiple Programming Paradigms'' which appeared in New Generation
Computing 4(1986).  It looks quite interesting.  I'd be interested in
hearing whether anybody has come up with a way in Lisp or Scheme to do
self-assignment as it is done in TAO. It looks like it could be a
useful way to describe destructive operations.

---
Evan Kirshenbaum
Stanford University
  evan@CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
  ...!{ucbvax,decvax}!decwrl!glacier!evan

If you think my opinions represent this university,
you haven't been on campus recently!