Scheme Bibliography database (BIB/REFER format)

BIB/REFER Database on SCHEME

The posting contains is a reasonable bibliography database on Scheme
(a *crystal* in the muddy language landscape), in BIB/REFER format,
containing 50 entries sorted by date and first author, for your
perusal, corrections and enjoyment. I do not consider it complete
nor correct, but I am posting it nevertheless to get some feedback,
new entries, corrections etc.

It is somewhat surprising that such a bib database has not been made
available earlier, so I had to borrow + steal (:-) some entries from
on-line documents, and did a lot of typing.

In this database, I have tried to keep the entries very
Scheme-specific, but I am not certain about some of the entries, as
I have not yet been able to track them.

[Speaking of *tracking references*, the most critical MIT tech
reports are also the hardest to get a hold of... I still do not have
a copy of the "RABBIT" report. I kinda wonder why MIT folks never
put these tech reports into a collection book, and publish it thru
MIT press. It would be a great service to the Scheme/Lisp community.]

Along with this posting, I am volunteering to keep this database
up-to-date (hopefully with your help) for the benefit of this
newsgroup. I will also a post pre-formatted version as well as a
bibTeX version of the database once corrections and missing entries
are in. [Please send all corrections, new entries, etc. via e-mail]

Happy Scheming...
				oz

				Usenet: ....utzoo!yunexus!oz
				....!uunet!mnetor!yunexus!oz
				Bitnet: oz@[yulibra|yuyetti]
				Phonet: +1 416 736-5257x3976

-----cut here-----cut here-----cut here-----cut here-----

#!/bin/sh
# shar:	Shell Archiver
#	Run the following text with /bin/sh to create:
#	scheme.bib
#	tags.doc
# This archive created: Sun Apr 10 15:48:21 1988
echo shar: extracting scheme.bib '(9125 characters)'
sed 's/^XX//' << \SHAR_EOF > scheme.bib
XX
XX%A John Reynolds
XX%T Definitional Interpreters for Higher Order Programming Languages
XX%J ACM Conference Proceedings
XX%P 717-740
XX%I ACM
XX%D 1972
XX
XX%A Gerald Jay Sussman
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%T Scheme: an Interpreter for Extended Lambda Calculus
XX%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 349
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%D December 1975
XX
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%A Gerald Jay Sussman
XX%T Lambda, the Ultimate Imperative
XX%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 353
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%D March 1976
XX%K imperative
XX
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%T Lambda, the Ultimate Declarative
XX%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 379
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%D November 1976
XX%K declarative
XX
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%T Debunking the ``Expensive Procedure Call'' Myth, or Procedure Call
XXImplementations Considered Harmful, or LAMBDA, the Ultimate GOTO
XX%J ACM Conference Proceedings
XX%P 153-162
XX%I ACM
XX%D 1977
XX
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%T Macaroni is Better than Spaghetti
XX%J Proceedings of the Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and
XXProgramming Languages
XX%P 60-66
XX%O Special joint issue of SIGPLAN Notices 12(8) and SIGART Newsletter 64.
XX%D August 1977
XX
XX%A Mitchell Wand
XX%T Continuation-Based Program Transformation Strategies
XX%J Journal of the ACM
XX%V 27
XX%N 1
XX%P 174-180
XX%D 1978
XX
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%A Gerald Jay Sussman
XX%T The Revised Report on Scheme, a Dialect of Lisp
XX%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 452
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%D January 1978
XX
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%T Rabbit: a Compiler for Scheme
XX%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory Technical Report 474
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%D May 1978
XX
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%A Gerald Jay Sussman
XX%T The Art of the Interpreter, or the Modularity Complex
XX(parts zero, one, and two)
XX%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 453
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%D May 1978
XX%K modularity
XX
XX%A Drew McDermott
XX%T An Efficient Environment Allocation Scheme in an Interpreter
XXfor a Lexically-Scoped Lisp
XX%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
XX%P 154-162
XX%I The Lisp Conference, P.O. Box 487, Redwood Estates CA.
XX%D 1980
XX%O Proceedings reprinted by ACM
XX
XX%A Steven S. Muchnick
XX%A Uwe F. Pleban
XX%T A Semantic Comparison of Lisp and Scheme
XX%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
XX%P 56-65
XX%I The Lisp Conference, P.O. Box 487, Redwood Estates CA.
XX%D 1980
XX
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%T Compiler Optimization Based on Viewing LAMBDA as RENAME + GOTO
XX%B AI: An MIT Perspective
XX%E Patrick Henry Winston
XX%E Richard Henry Brown
XX%I MIT Press
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%D 1980
XX
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%A Gerald Jay Sussman
XX%T The Dream of a Lifetime: a Lazy Variable Extent Mechanism
XX%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
XX%P 163-172
XX%I The Lisp Conference
XX%D 1980
XX
XX%A Mitchell Wand
XX%T Continuation-Based Multiprocessing
XX%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
XX%P 19-28
XX%I The Lisp Conference
XX%D 1980
XX
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%A Gerald Jay Sussman
XX%T Design of a Lisp-based Processor
XX%J CACM
XX%V 23
XX%N 11
XX%P 628-645
XX%D November 1980
XX
XX%A Gerald Jay Sussman
XX%A Jack Holloway
XX%A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
XX%A Alan Bell
XX%T Scheme-79 - Lisp on a Chip
XX%J IEEE Computer
XX%V 14
XX%N 7
XX%P 10-21
XX%D July 1981
XX%I IEEE
XX
XX%A John Batali
XX%A Edmund Goodhue
XX%A Chris Hanson
XX%A Howie Shrobe
XX%A Richard M. Stallman
XX%A Gerald Jay Sussman
XX%T The Scheme-81 Architecture - System and Chip
XX%J Proceedings, Conference on Advanced Research in VLSI
XX%P 69-77
XX%E Paul Penfield, Jr.
XX%C Artech House, Dedham MA.
XX%D 1982
XX%K scheme81
XX
XX%A Peter Henderson
XX%T Functional Geometry
XX%J Conference Record of the 1982 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
XXFunctional Programming
XX%P 179-187
XX%D 1982
XX
XX%A Jonathan A. Rees
XX%A Norman I. Adams
XX%T T: A Dialect of Lisp or, LAMBDA: The Ultimate Software Tool
XX%J Conference Record of the 1982 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
XXFunctional Programming
XX%P 114-122
XX%D 1982
XX
XX%A Carol Fessenden
XX%A William Clinger
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%A Christopher T. Haynes
XX%T Scheme 311 version 4 Reference Manual
XX%R Computer Science Technical Report 137
XX%I Indiana University
XX%D February 1983
XX%O Superceded by Computer Science Technical Report 153, 1985
XX
XX%A William Clinger
XX%T The Scheme 311 compiler: An Exercise in Denotational Semantics
XX%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
XXFunctional Programming
XX%P 356-364
XX%D 1984
XX%K comp311
XX
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%A Christopher T. Haynes
XX%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
XX%T Programming with Continuations
XX%B Program Transformation and Programming Environments
XX%P 263-274
XX%E P. Pepper
XX%I Springer-Verlag
XX%D 1984
XX
XX%A Christopher T. Haynes
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%T Engines Build Process Abstractions
XX%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
XXFunctional Programming
XX%P 18-24
XX%D 1984
XX
XX%A Christopher T. Haynes
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%A Mitchell Wand
XX%T Continuations and Coroutines
XX%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
XXFunctional Programming
XX%P 293-298
XX%D 1984
XX
XX%A Jonathan A. Rees
XX%A Norman I. Adams
XX%A James R. Meehan
XX%T The T manual, fourth edition
XX%I Yale University Computer Science Department
XX%D January 1984
XX
XX%A Guillermo J. Rozas
XX%T Liar, an Algol-like Compiler for Scheme
XX%I S. B. Thesis, MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer
XXScience
XX%D January 1984
XX
XX%T MIT Scheme Manual, Seventh Edition
XX%I Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%D September 1984
XX
XX%T MacScheme Reference Manual
XX%I Semantic Microsystems
XX%C Sausalito, Calif.
XX%D 1985
XX
XX%A Harold Abelson
XX%A Gerald Jay Sussman
XX%A Julie Sussman
XX%T Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
XX%I MIT Press
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%D 1985
XX%K sicp
XX
XX%A Amitabh Srivastava
XX%A Don Oxley
XX%A Aditya Srivastava
XX%T An (other) Integration of Logic and Functional Programming
XX%J Proceedings of the Symposium on Logic Programming
XX%P 254-260
XX%I IEEE
XX%D 1985
XX
XX%E William Clinger
XX%T The Revised Revised Report on Scheme, or An Uncommon Lisp
XX%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 848
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%O Also published as Computer Science Department Technical Report 174,
XXIndiana University, June 1985.
XX%D August 1985
XX%K rrrs
XX
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%A Christopher T. Haynes
XX%T Constraining Control
XX%J Proceedings of the Twelfth Annual Symposium on Principles of
XXProgramming Languages
XX%P 245-254
XX%I ACM
XX%D January 1985
XX
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%A Christopher T. Haynes
XX%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
XX%A Mitchell Wand
XX%T Scheme 84 Interim Reference Manual
XX%R Computer Science Technical Report 153
XX%I Indiana University
XX%D January 1985
XX%K scheme84
XX
XX%T TI Scheme Language Reference Manual
XX%I Texas Instruments, Inc.
XX%O Preliminary version 1.0
XX%D November 1985
XX
XX%A Michael A. Eisenberg
XX%T Bochser: An Integrated Scheme Programming System
XX%R MIT Computer Science Technical Report 349
XX%C Cambridge, Mass.
XX%D October 1985
XX%K bochser
XX
XX%A David H. Bartley
XX%A John C. Jensen
XX%T The Implementation of PC Scheme
XX%J Proceedings of the 1986 ACM Conference on Lisp
XXand Functional Programming
XX%P 86-93
XX%D 1986
XX%K pcscheme
XX
XX%A R. Kent Dybvig
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%A Christopher T. Haynes
XX%T Expansion-Passing style: Beyond Conventional Macros
XX%J Proceedings of the 1986 ACM Conference on Lisp and
XXFunctional Programming
XX%P 143-150
XX%D 1986
XX
XX%A Marc Feeley
XX%A Guy LaPalme
XX%T Closure Generation based on viewing LAMBDA as EPSILON plus COMPILE
XX%O Submitted for Publication. Not yet available.
XX%D 1986
XX
XX%A Matthias Felleisen
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%T A Closer Look At Export and Import Statements
XX%J Computer Languages
XX%V 11
XX%N 1
XX%P 29-37
XX%I Pergamon Press
XX%D 1986
XX
XX%A Matthias Felleisen
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
XX%A Bruce Duba
XX%T Reasoning with Continuations
XX%J Proceedings of the Symposium on Logic in Computer Science
XX%P 131-141
XX%I IEEE Computer Society Press
XX%C Washigton DC
XX%D 1986
XX
XX%A Christopher T. Haynes
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%A Mitchell Wand
XX%T Obtaining Coroutines With Continuations
XX%J Computer Languages
XX%V 11
XX%N 3/4
XX%P 143-153
XX%I Pergamon Press
XX%D 1986
XX
XX%A Mitchell Wand
XX%T From Interpreter to Compiler: A Representational Derivation
XX%B Programs as Data Objects
XX%I Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes
XX%D 1986
XX
XX%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
XX%T Syntactic Extensions in the Programming Language Lisp
XX%I PhD thesis, Indiana University
XX%D August 1986
XX
XX%A Christopher T. Haynes
XX%T Logic Continuations
XX%J Proceedings of the Third International Conference on
XXLogic Programming
XX%P 671-685
XX%I Springer-Verlag
XX%D Jul 1986
XX
XX%A David Kranz
XX%A Richard Kelsey
XX%A Jonathan A. Rees
XX%A Paul Hudak
XX%A James Philbin
XX%A Norman I. Adams
XX%T Orbit: An Optimizing Compiler for Scheme
XX%T Proceedings of the SIGPLAN '86 Symposium on Compiler
XXConstruction
XX%P 219-233
XX%I ACM
XX%O Published as SIGPLAN Notices 21(7), July 1986
XX%D June 1986
XX%K orbit
XX
XX%A Marc Feeley
XX%T Deux Approches a' L'implantation du Language Scheme
XX%I M.Sc. Thesis, De'partement d'Informatique et de Recherche
XXOpe'rationelle, University of Montreal
XX%D May 1986
XX
XX%A R. Kent Dybvig
XX%T The Scheme Programming Language
XX%I Prentice-Hall, Inc.
XX%C Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
XX%D 1987
XX%K splang
XX
XX%A Marc Feeley
XX%A Guy LaPalme
XX%T Using Cloures for Code Generation
XX%J Computer Languages
XX%V 12
XX%N 1
XX%P 47-66
XX%I Pergamon Press
XX%D 1987
XX
XX%A Daniel P. Friedman
XX%A Matthias Felleisen
XX%T The Little LISPer
XX%I MIT Press
XX%D Trade Edition 1987
XX%K littlelisper
SHAR_EOF
if test 9125 -ne "`wc -c scheme.bib`"
then
echo shar: error transmitting scheme.bib '(should have been 9125 characters)'
fi
echo shar: extracting tags.doc '(422 characters)'
sed 's/^XX//' << \SHAR_EOF > tags.doc
XXBIB (UofArizona) Field Tags
XX
XX%A	- Author's name
XX%B	- Title of the book containing item
XX%C	- City of publication
XX%D	- Date
XX%E	- Editor(s) of book containing item
XX%F 	- Caption
XX%G	- Government (NTIS) ordering number
XX%I	- Issuer (publisher)
XX%J	- Journal name
XX%K	- Keys for searching
XX%N	- Issue number
XX%O	- Other information
XX%P	- Page(s) of article
XX%R	- Technical report number
XX%S	- Series title
XX%T	- Title
XX%V	- Volume number
SHAR_EOF
if test 422 -ne "`wc -c tags.doc`"
then
echo shar: error transmitting tags.doc '(should have been 422 characters)'
fi
#	End of shell archive
exit 0
--
... and they will all		Usenet: [decvax|ihnp4]!utzoo!yunexus!oz
bite the dust ... 	    		......!seismo!mnetor!yunexus!oz