debuggers for teaching

Has anyone written a program that demonstrates scheme evaluation in both
the substitution and environment model of evaluation (Sussman and Abelson)?
I've been contemplating such a "debugging" environment for my class.  The
substitution model could be text based, but I think that the environment
model would have to be based on X or some other windowing system.  I think
a tool like this would be great for teaching students about program
evaluation.

--
Phil Windley                          |  windley@iris.ucdavis.edu
Division of Computer Science          |  ucbvax!ucdavis!iris!windley