Self-reproducing code

Several examples of self-reproducing code has been given in this group
lately. While running a definite risc of reminding people of what may
be already generally known, I would like to submit the shortest solution
of all. And not only the shortest, it will work in almost any language!

The solution is:

The only problem with this solution, the empty program, is that someone
might argue that it is not a program at all. Still, I think it has a
certain elegance to it.

"Real Programmers aren't afraid of RISC architectures."

--
Jan Eric Larsson                      janeric@Control.LTH.Se      +46 46 108795
Department of Automatic Control