Re: dynamic compilation for scheme, with inlining, etc?

    Date: 19 Sep 88 20:36:51 GMT
    From: mcvax!ukc!cam-cl!adg@uunet.uu.net  (Andy Gordon)

[...]

			    Interpreted code is generally smaller than compiled
    code so less space is needed than compiling the whole thing.

This guy's whole approach is based on this premise.  Does anyone want to
disabuse him.  For a simple recursive factorial, for example, I get
about 25 words interpreted, and about ten compiled.  I don't know what
happens with large programs, but I suspect they show about the same
ratio.