Scheme Bibliography (Sept. 1988) Notes, Additions.

Notes:
	o Scheme Bibliography will probably appear as a section
	  in Lisp Pointers, titled "Readings In Scheme".

	o Noone appears to have any additions to the bibliography,
	  as I have a total "contributor's silence".

	o Well, foo. they missed :-). Four entries were added, as
	  included at the end of this article, in diff -c format.
	  [Use patch program to bring your database up-to-date:
	  in the directory containing scheme.bib:  patch <this-article]
	  [Non-Unix folk, send mail for a copy of the full database
	  if needed.]

	o I Received much mail about the biblio. Nice to see
	  that it is useful to so many.

	o Abstracts needed: If you have any abstracts (or could
	  put together one) for the entries in the biblio, it
	  would really be appreciated. Abstracts would make the
	  bibliography much more useful. [Any takers ??]

	o Happy Scheming...

The latest addition to the biblio (included in the diff)

%A Olin Shivers
%T Control Flow Analysis in Scheme
%J Proceedings of the Sigplan 1988 Conterence on Programming Language
Design and Implementation
%P 164-174
%C Atlanta, Georgia
%D June 1988
%K schflow

Abstract:

Traditional flow analysis techniques, such as the ones typically
employed by optimizing Fortran compilers do not work for Scheme-like
languages. This paper presents a flow analysis technique - control flow
analysis - which is applicable to Scheme-like languages.

=============== updates for scheme.bib

*** scheme.bib	Fri Sep  2 12:51:53 1988
--- scheme.bib.new	Fri Sep  2 12:25:21 1988
***************
*** 35,40 ****
--- 35,41 ----
  %P 153-162
  %I ACM
  %D 1977
+ %K ultimate

  %A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
  %T Macaroni is Better than Spaghetti
***************
*** 43,48 ****
--- 44,50 ----
  %P 60-66
  %O Special joint issue of SIGPLAN Notices 12(8) and SIGART Newsletter 64
  %D August 1977
+ %K macaroni

  %A Mitchell Wand
  %T Continuation-Based Program Transformation Strategies
***************
*** 52,57 ****
--- 54,68 ----
  %P 174-180
  %D 1978

+ %A Mitchell Wand
+ %A Daniel P. Friedman
+ %T Compiling lambda expressions using continuations and
+ factorizations
+ %J Journal of Computer Languages
+ %V 3
+ %P 241-263
+ %D 1978
+
  %A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
  %A Gerald Jay Sussman
  %T The Revised Report on Scheme, a Dialect of Lisp
***************
*** 58,63 ****
--- 69,75 ----
  %R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 452
  %C Cambridge, Mass.
  %D January 1978
+ %K r-report

  %A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
  %T Rabbit: a Compiler for Scheme
***************
*** 64,69 ****
--- 76,82 ----
  %R MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory Technical Report 474
  %C Cambridge, Mass.
  %D May 1978
+ %K rabbit

  %A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
  %A Gerald Jay Sussman
***************
*** 74,79 ****
--- 87,99 ----
  %D May 1978
  %K modularity

+ %A Uwe F. Pleban
+ %T The Standard Semantics of a Subset of SCHEME, a Dialect of LISP
+ %R Computer Science Technical Report TR-79-3
+ %I University of Kansas
+ %C Lawrence, Kansas
+ %D July 1979
+
  %A Drew McDermott
  %T An Efficient Environment Allocation Scheme in an Interpreter
  for a Lexically-Scoped Lisp
***************
*** 91,96 ****
--- 111,124 ----
  %I The Lisp Conference, P.O. Box 487, Redwood Estates CA.
  %D 1980

+ %A Uwe F. Pleban
+ %T A Denotational Approach to Flow Analysis and Optimization of
+ SCHEME, A Dialect of LISP
+ %R Ph.D. Dissertation
+ %I University of Kansas
+ %C Lawrence, Kansas
+ %D 1980
+
  %A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
  %T Compiler Optimization Based on Viewing LAMBDA as RENAME + GOTO
  %B AI: An MIT Perspective
***************
*** 99,104 ****
--- 127,133 ----
  %I MIT Press
  %C Cambridge, Mass.
  %D 1980
+ %K rename+goto

  %A Guy Lewis Steele, Jr.
  %A Gerald Jay Sussman
***************
*** 107,112 ****
--- 136,142 ----
  %P 163-172
  %I The Lisp Conference
  %D 1980
+ %K lazy

  %A Mitchell Wand
  %T Continuation-Based Multiprocessing
***************
*** 135,140 ****
--- 165,171 ----
  %P 10-21
  %D July 1981
  %I IEEE
+ %K scheme79

  %A John Batali
  %A Edmund Goodhue
***************
*** 164,169 ****
--- 195,201 ----
  Functional Programming
  %P 114-122
  %D 1982
+ %K T

  %A Gerald Jay Sussman
  %T LISP, Programming and Implementation
***************
*** 202,207 ****
--- 234,240 ----
  %C Bloomington, Indiana
  %D February 1983
  %O Superceded by Computer Science Technical Report 153, 1985
+ %K scheme311

  %A William Clinger
  %T The Scheme 311 compiler: An Exercise in Denotational Semantics
***************
*** 209,215 ****
  Functional Programming
  %P 356-364
  %D 1984
! %K comp311

  %A Daniel P. Friedman
  %A Christopher T. Haynes
--- 242,248 ----
  Functional Programming
  %P 356-364
  %D 1984
! %K compile311

  %A Daniel P. Friedman
  %A Christopher T. Haynes
***************
*** 261,276 ****
--- 294,319 ----
  %I S. B. Thesis, MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer
  Science
  %D January 1984
+ %K liar

+ %A Richard Schooler
+ %A James W. Stamos
+ %T Proposal For a Small Scheme Implementation
+ %R MIT Lab for Computer Science Memo TM-267
+ %C Cambridge, Mass.
+ %D October 1984
+
  %T MIT Scheme Manual, Seventh Edition
  %I Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT
  %C Cambridge, Mass.
  %D September 1984
+ %K mitscheme

  %T MacScheme Reference Manual
  %I Semantic Microsystems
  %C Sausalito, Calif.
  %D 1985
+ %K macscheme

  %A Harold Abelson
  %A Gerald Jay Sussman
***************
*** 279,285 ****
  %I MIT Press
  %C Cambridge, Mass.
  %D 1985
! %K sicp

  %A William Clinger
  %A Daniel P. Friedman
--- 322,328 ----
  %I MIT Press
  %C Cambridge, Mass.
  %D 1985
! %K siocp

  %A William Clinger
  %A Daniel P. Friedman
***************
*** 450,455 ****
--- 493,499 ----
  %P 151-161
  %D August 1986
  %O To appear in Lisp and Symbolic Computation
+ %K hygienic

  %A Mitchell Wand
  %T The mystery of the tower revealed: a non-reflective
***************
*** 457,462 ****
--- 501,507 ----
  %J Proceedings of the 1986 ACM Symposium on LISP and Functional Programming
  %P 298-307
  %D August 1986
+ %K tower

  %E Jonathan A. Rees
  %E William Clinger
***************
*** 465,470 ****
--- 510,516 ----
  %V 21
  %N 12
  %D December 1986
+ %K rrrrs

  %A Christopher T. Haynes
  %T Logic Continuations
***************
*** 544,554 ****
  %P 206-223
  %D 1987

- %T A syntactic theory of sequential control
  %A Matthias Felleisen
  %A Daniel P. Friedman
  %A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
  %A Bruce Duba
  %J Theoretical Computer Science
  %V 52
  %P 205-237
--- 590,600 ----
  %P 206-223
  %D 1987

  %A Matthias Felleisen
  %A Daniel P. Friedman
  %A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
  %A Bruce Duba
+ %T A syntactic theory of sequential control
  %J Theoretical Computer Science
  %V 52
  %P 205-237
***************
*** 571,576 ****
--- 617,623 ----
  %P 109-121
  %I Pergamon Press
  %D 1987
+ %K engines

  %A Matthias Felleisen
  %T The Calculi of lambda-v-cs conversion: a syntactic
***************
*** 608,616 ****
  %C Bloomington, Indiana
  %D October 1987

- %T Embedding continuations in procedural objects
  %A Christopher T. Haynes
  %A Daniel P. Friedman
  %J ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems
  %V 9
  %N 4
--- 655,663 ----
  %C Bloomington, Indiana
  %D October 1987

  %A Christopher T. Haynes
  %A Daniel P. Friedman
+ %T Embedding continuations in procedural objects
  %J ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems
  %V 9
  %N 4
***************
*** 671,676 ****
--- 718,724 ----
  and Functional Programming
  %C Salt Lake City, Utah.
  %D July 1988
+ %K macrology

  %A Matthias Felleisen
  %A Mitchell Wand
***************
*** 683,688 ****
--- 731,745 ----
  %C Salt Lake City, Utah.
  %D July 1988

+ %A Olin Shivers
+ %T Control Flow Analysis in Scheme
+ %J Proceedings of the Sigplan 1988 Conterence on Programming Language
+ Design and Implementation
+ %P 164-174
+ %C Atlanta, Georgia
+ %D June 1988
+ %K schflow
+
  %A John Franco
  %A Daniel P. Friedman
  %T Creating Efficient Programs by Exchanging Data for Procedures
***************
*** 690,700 ****
  %I Indiana University
  %C Bloomington, Indiana
  %D March 1988
-
- %A Mitchell Wand
- %A Daniel P. Friedman
- %T Compiling lambda expressions using continuations and
- factorizations
- %J Computer Languages 3
- %D 241-263
- %D 1978
--- 747,749 ----

oz
--
Crud that is not paged	        | Usenet: ...!utzoo!yunexus!oz
is still crud. 			|   ...uunet!mnetor!yunexus!oz