extend-syntax

I'm just getting started with Scheme and I have MIT's CScheme, release 6.1.2
(microcode 10.2, runtime 13.91, sf 3.13).  I've been reading Dybvig's "The
Scheme Programming Language", and I'd like to try out some of the examples in
Dybvig's book.  Dybvig's Scheme ("Chez Scheme") differs from CScheme in that
CScheme does not have the "extend-syntax" function.  Does anyone have a R3RS
definition of extend-syntax?

Thanks in advance,

-Bob Glickstein
-Information Technology Center, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA