Re: Scheme on a PC

Of the dozen or so PC Scheme or LISP dialects that I'm familiar with, TI's
PC Scheme clearly has the best performance for its price.  The
implementation really is remarkably well done.

The only "limitations" that have caused me pain are that: (1) the extended
memory version doesn't know about protected mode, and consequently runs
much slower than the 640k version; and (2) there is no built-in way to
freeze a session at some point and then restart the session some other day
(although there is a slick mechanism for bouncing from Scheme to DOS and
back).  -B
--
  "Simulate it in ROSS"
  Brian Leverich                       | U.S. Snail: 1700 Main St.