syntax question

[Warning:  this message is not about #f and '()]

I would like to know how something like foo'bar or foo`bar should be
tokenized by a Scheme parser.  That is, is it parsed as a single token,
or are quote and backquote regarded as delimiters?

I think the formal syntax description in the R^3.99RS is not particularly
clear on this point.  It says "[identifiers] may be terminated by any
<delimiter>, but not necessarily by anything else".  However, quote and
backquote are not listed in the rule for <delimiter>.

Regards,
--
Oliver Laumann     net@TUB.BITNET     net@tub.cs.tu-berlin.de     net@tub.UUCP