Re: Prolog interpreter in LISP wanted

In article <3833@brazos.Rice.edu> dorai@titan.rice.edu (Dorai Sitaram) writes:
>[This is also addressed to people other than Clocksin.]
>
>I have a fairly complete (i.e., it includes bagof and ilk, though I
>didn't feel the need to add assert/detract!) and "easily" extensible
>Prolog embedding written in Scheme, modeled on the one described in
>[...]
>want it, send me email, I'll see if I can make it subscribe to RRRS
>standards to make it portable (allow time for delivery!), and email
>you a copy. If you don't have a Scheme at your place, my code will
>[...]

I somewhat underestimated the response I would get for the above
message.  I've emailed the code to some of you, but there's still a
backlog, and there are some of you I couldn't reach.  There were
suggestions that I _post_ the code.  I guess, though, it'd be more
convenient to all concerned if I made it ftp'able from Rice, rather
than clog the net.

Procedure: ftp titan.rice.edu (as anonymous)
	   get public/slog.sh

slog.sh is a shar file, and contains two implementation files (slog.ss
and bagof.ss), two doc (loosely speaking!) files (Readme and Usage),
and a bunch of example files (mostly from Sterling&Shapiro) to make it
easy to acquire a feel for the possibly unusual syntax.  The code is
_not_ completely RRRS-compatible, but should be easily fixable for the
Scheme of your choice/fate by adding requisite definitions of
extend-syntax, boxes and printf (see The Scheme Programming Language
by R. Kent Dybvig).  If you encounter bugs/problems or get royally
chewed by you-don't-know-what, email me, and I'll see if I can fix it.

BTW, I would still like to get email from those who will be ftp'ing
the stuff, so that I can get back to you if there are changes.  (No,
the list of names will _not_ be released to junk-mail senders. :-)

--dorai

ps: The code is completely free, and users can make all the changes
and/or extensions to it they want.  You might want to tell me about
it, if you think it's significant, though.
--
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles.