Scheme book by Eisenberg

 In article <QZVyBD600VsAInCkIW@andrew.cmu.edu>, mss+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Mark Sherman) writes:

> Is anyone familar with the book "Scheme and the Art of Programming" by
> Springer & Friedman (MIT Press)? I'm looking for something for bright
> high school students.

I highly recommend Mike Eisenberg's "Programming in Scheme" (Scientific
Press). It was specifically written with high school students in mind,
but is an excellect general introduction to Scheme for just about
anyone. It's well organized, beautifully written, and chock full of
fun and interesting examples (including an Eliza-like program
based on Abbot and Costello's "Who's on first" routine).