How to build xscheme for the mac

How does you build xscheme on a macintosh ? I have a copy of
the xscheme sources compiles fine on a unix machine, and works
great on a pc with turbo c.  When I tried to compile it on a
friends mac II using his copy of lightspeed c. I have no luck.
Could someone please describe the procedure to compile this program, and
comment on if anything else is need to compile xscheme. I know that you
need some resource to compile xlisp on a mac. Do you need the same sort of
stuff for xscheme

Thanks in advance

Paul Puglia
Dept of Civil Engineering