Help a novice scheme programmer

I am teaching myself Scheme from the Dybvig book. After reading it
once through, I am doing the exercises.  One near the beginning has
me stumped:

  "A more elegant way to define cadr and cddr than given in this
section is to define a procedure that composes two procedures to
create a third.  Whrite the procedure 'compose', such that
(compose proc1 proc2) is the composition of proc1 and proc2
[assuming both take one argument].  Use compose to define cadr and
cddr."

  I give up. Please *MAIL* me a solution (hints and any other
pedantic messages don't count as solutions) && I will summarize if
appropriate.