package question

<I tried to post this already, but I missed>
Hi
I have a question or two to experienced Lisp/Scheme programmers about the
package mechanism.
1.) Are packages an acceptable equivalent to modules in conv. programming lang.?
2.) Do you use them for all of Your code?
3.) Are there any common problems programmers normally have when beginning
using packages?
(perhaps some of you holding courses may answer this)
4.) How do you handle I/O?
5.) Do there exists alternatives to packages. (Well OO-extensions, but are
there also simpler alternatives?)

Please answer directly to me, I'll post a summary to comp.lang.lisp.
Thanks in advance

Ulrich
(ulrich@vip.at  UUCP: ...!mcvax!tuvie!vip!ulrich)