Re: Common Lisp Foreign Function Interfaces

    Date: Thu, 12 Mar 92 15:50:19 EST
    From: Rob_MacLachlan@LISP-PMAX2.SLISP.CS.CMU.EDU

       Do you folks have any sort of FFI capability in CMU CL?

    Yes, in fact we recently did a redesign/reimplementation of our foreign
    interface.  The ability to describe and manipulate foreign data structures
    is much greater than in other FFI schemes I have seen.  The major current
    hole is that there isn't good support for foreign functions calling Lisp
    functions.  This is fixable, though; we have supported it in the past.

      Rob

Do you have any ftp'able documentation?  I'm trying to collect
descriptions of all of the FFI things that are out there, in preparation
for an attempt to instigate some sort of de facto standard (FFI coming
right after object persistence on the user "things to standardize" list,
as far as I can tell).