Re: CMU Common Lisp FTP tricks & source distribution

> We've been holding back on an Ultrix port, both because there's no local
> demand, and also because we have been told that Ultrix lacks any reasonable
> file-mapping facility (e.g. "mmap").  Also, DEC is part of OSF, so they
> should come to us eventually.

Thanks for your response!  As far as mmap() is concerned, it's there
in Ultrix 4.2 -- but I can see how your other arguments outweigh that.
Especially the fact that OSF/1 will replace Ultrix anyway...  Now to
call my DEC sales rep, and ask him for a copy of OSF/1!  :-)

-tih
--
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo, NHH, Bergen, Norway.  Telephone: +47-5-959205
Postmaster for domain nhh.no.  Internet mail:  tih@barsoom.nhh.no