[no subject]

Date: Tue, 4 Feb 92 01:45:33 -0500
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <mit-eddie!MAILER-DAEMON>
Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown
To: paradigm!lph

550 cs.cmu.edu.tcp... 550 Host unknown
550 ram@cs.cmu.edu... Host unknown

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
Date: Tue,  4 Feb 92 01:41:35 EDT
From: <lph@paradigm.com>
To: ram@cs.cmu.edu
Subject: CMU CL

We would be interested in subjecting your CL implementation to a pretty
rough test - our Lisp Validation Test Suite.
Paradigm licensed the sources to the MIT Macsyma code, and ported it to
Common Lisp, which we distribute under the tradename ParaMacs. We build
an executable image, and then translate user-level code to lisp, and then
compile that, too. We then run a test suite which invokes some 350+
calls to the executable to test the demo & example files for a wide range
of problems and computations. This whole process takes some 24 cpu hours
on a VaxStationII, and 3 cpu hours on a Cray (the code gets a lot bigger,
about 5 times, so less results per mip...)

We have SUN4/110 with SUN OS 4.1.1. If you think you have an industrial
strength version, including GC, we can try to pound it into the ground
for you if you like.

Leo Harten
Paradigm Associates, Inc.
(617) 492-6079