Date: Wed, 18 Mar 92 23:19:29 EST
From: James.A.Landay@GS45.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
To: Gripe@VEGA.FAC.CS.CMU.EDU
Subject: Re: ALPHA RT version of CMU Common Lisp

Gail,

What is the difference between the "lisp" collection and the "cmucl"
collection?  Should /usr/misc/bin/lisp be changed to link to cmucl?

	Date: Wed, 18 Mar 92 12:05:30 EST
	Sender: Gail_Newton@PULSAR.FAC.CS.CMU.EDU

	James,

	It looks like /usr/misc/.cmucl/bin/lisp on your machine is the same as the
	alpha version in AFS.  Note that you need to supply the complete path
	to run this since /usr/misc/bin/lisp is linked to the "lisp" collection
	rather than the "cmucl" collection, thus modmisc did the right thing,
	but you may have been accessing the wrong binaries.

	If you still have trouble, please let us know.  Thanks.

					Gail Newton
					SCS User Services
					Carnegie Mellon University

	---