more questions

Do strange lambda-vars (i.e. non-NIL arg-info's) ever show up in a :let
functional?

Something else I just though of: won't control-analyze try to position the
real XEP's even though I'm not going to be generating any code for them?
Wouldn't it be better if it could somehow ignore the tail calls from the
xep to other functions because those tail calls won't really exist.
Before, you had been trying to sell me on the idea of actually deleting the
XEPs, but I didn't like that idea because it seemed like it was just asking
for problems.  But if that would allow control analysis to do a better job,
I might have to rethink that position.

-William