Re: lisp machines vs. lisp on other boxes

    Date: Thu, 28 May 87 09:46:32 PDT
    From: larus%paris.Berkeley.EDU@berkeley.edu (James Larus)

    Not withstanding these two features, the 3600 is the antithesis of
    RISC ideas.

I would argue against that specific statement, although I would
certainly not call the 3600 a RISC machine.  Many RISC ideas were
considered for the 3600, and some were rejected for various reasons
(good or bad).

You admit that you are classifying the 3600 by "second hand evidence and
hearsay", so why classify it so harshly at all?

Despite having said that, I agree with many of your statements.