zmail digest example

    Date: Fri, 5 Jun 87 00:21 EDT
    From: Robert W. Kerns <RWK@YUKON.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>

	Date: Mon, 1 Jun 87 14:05 EDT
	From: Brad Miller <miller@ACORN.CS.ROCHESTER.EDU>

	Here's an example of a digest template. Hope it helps...

    I don't understand your example.  How do your $VNUM$ and $INUM$ frobs
    work?  I think I understand what you're trying to do, but not the mechanisms.
    I'd define format directives with 1format:defformat0.  At any rate, your
    readers would probably be less confused if you explained.  (Thanks for
    providing a real example, by the way).

Sorry, the whole digest ends up going to a UNIX system for forwarding to the
actual mailing list (mainly because Symbolics can't handle foreign addresses
in the mailboxes.text file {mumble}). So on that end, a filter replaces those
strings with the current volume and issue, and handles archiving (which is
also on an UNIX machine: don't know how to make the symbolics handle anonymous
logins and still protect most of the file system; on unix, chroot works
nicely..  anonymous users are restricted to /usr/spool/ftp; their default
directory.).

------
miller@cs.rochester.edu
miller@acorn.cs.rochester.edu