Source Locators

    Date: Wed, 10 Jun 87 12:02:29 PDT
    From: luria@renoir.Berkeley.EDU (Marc Luria)

    In Genera 7, when viewing code in the debugger, I get the message

    this function was not compiled with source locators and therefore
    will not be mouse sensitive.  How do I compile with source locators,
    and what will become mouse sensitive?

Source locators are information that the compiler can put into a compiled
function to allow the :Show Source Code command to know what piece of
code corresponds to what PC in the function.  This allows it to do various
things with the code, such as evaluating the code fragment (m-sh-Middle)
set a breakpoint on it (c-m-L) or proceed to a that point (c-m-R).

You can also manipulate breakpoints on code from the editor, using the
same gestures, if you've compiled the function with source-locators.
You don't have to get into the debugger somehow so you can do :Show Compiled
Code; just go to the editor and click on the right piece.  (Yet another
advantage of the editor using the dynamic-window technology).

You compile with source locators by setting 1compiler:*inhibit-using-source-locators*
0to 1nil0 and compiling from the editor, or by compiling using the c-m-sh-C command,
which toggles the value of 1compiler:*inhibit-using-source-locators*0.