disk drive recommendation sought

We are considering to buy some additional disk drives for our 3600s
which run only SMD interfaces. Potentially we are hoping to have 300MB
and up disk drives that are reliable and have moderate installation
and mounting procedures. We have tried eagles and the CDC9771 and would
like to know some other alternatives that some of you have loved.

We are hoping to hear both good and bad experiences about your disks,
where you can buy them, vendors' phone numbers, how expensive to buy, to
maintain, reliability, any specail hacks/efforts required to run them ..

In short, we are looking for advice and comments. Thanks in advance and
we are hoping to hear from you right away. I will post the responses
to this bboard after I put them together.

Thanks.

--Tak
Schlumberger Palo Alto Research