Hint appreciated...

Hi.

I'm trying to modify the network code s.t. terminal type logins from untrusted
hosts are allowed, with a password. Looks like network-terminal-server is the
right place (if this is the right thing), *but* the stream it has is not
bidirectional - I can neither prompt for nor accept a password from the user
via this stream. Anyone have a hint on how I perhaps should be approaching
this? Maybe modifying LOGIN or some such is better?

Thanks,
Brad Miller
------
miller@cs.rochester.edu {...[allegra|seismo]!rochester!miller}
Brad Miller
University of Rochester Computer Science Department