more on workstation speed.

    Date: Wed, 12 Aug 87 17:22 EDT
    From: Jeffrey Del Papa <dp@JASPER.PALLADIAN.COM>

    I propagated an error when giving compile times for the various processors. It turns
    out that the compile time I mentioned for the apollo was only for the common "core"
    system of our products. If you compile the whole thing (which the other times were
    for) you spend 38 hours. Also for comparison purposes it takes 7.2 hours for an 8mb
    explorerI.

     400k lines of code, times in hours (a summary for those who missed the prev)

      explorerII 16mb		1.5
      symbolics 3620 16mb		4.5
      explorerI 8mb			7.2
      apollo 3000 8mb, lucid       36.

I'd like to make sure everyone understands that these numbers should NOT
be considered comparisons of processor speed.  The Symbolics compiler,
the TI compiler, and the Apollo compiler are completely unrelated and
very different programs.  These numbers reflect not only processor
speed, but the speed of the compilers as well.