Disk-saving in 7.1

    Date: Fri, 14 Aug 87 16:50 EDT
    From: Barry Margolin <barmar@Think.COM>
	Date: Fri, 14 Aug 87 10:23 PDT
	From: Steve Trever <trev@vermithrax.sch.symbolics.com>

	    You must do this as the last thing before saving the world.
	    This means you must do this *AFTER* loading all files, patches,
	    etc.  You cannot use the :Save Yes option to Load Patches.  You
	    must do this *EVERY TIME* you save a 7.1 world, even if this has
	    already been done before.

    Here's an easy way to make sure it is done.  Put the following into your
    site system:

    (add-initialization
      "Mouse handler table update wait"
      '(progn (dw::with-type-handler-tables-valid)
	      (process-wait "Handler table update"
		(lambda () (null dw::*type-handler-tables-update-process*))))
      '(:before-cold :normal))

    You should also make a patch that includes it.

This is a reasonable thing to do (we do it here, too), but note:

1)  Be sure you load your site system before saving any worlds  at your
    site.

2)  If you later prepare a world to distribute (or to take elsewhere for a demo),
    that doesn't include your site system, be sure to do it by hand.

Because of the uncertainty of how different sites make use of the site
system we didn't explicitly recommend what you suggest, but I'll certainly
endorse it as a suggestion, for those who use site systems.