So how *DO* I use distribution tapes instead of carry tapes?

    Date: Wed, 28 Oct 87 13:56 EST
    From: Scott McKay <SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
        Date: Wed, 28 Oct 87 13:10 EST
        From: Jeffrey Mark Siskind <Qobi@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU>
            Date: Mon, 26 Oct 87 13:00 EST
            From: Scott McKay <SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
                Date: Mon, 26 Oct 87 12:32 EST
                From: Jeffrey Mark Siskind <Qobi@ZERMATT.LCS.MIT.EDU>
                    Date: Mon, 26 Oct 87 11:41 EST
                    From: Scott McKay <SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
                    In 7.2, 1dis:defpseudo-system0 is known as 1sct:define-distribution-system0.
                    It looks just like a normal unjournalled 1defsystem0, except that you get
                    to use wildcards.

                When is 7.2 going to be released and what can I do in the meantime? - Jeff

            7.2 is slated for release in the late spring.  In the meantime, you are
            screwed, unless something like this code works for you.  I think that in
            7.1, 1collect-input-and-outputs0 maight not be a generic function, so you
            may have to massage that somewhat.

        Assuming I have compiled and loaded the code which you sent me
        (I first hade to figure out that it belonged in package SCT and used
        ZetaLisp syntax), what do I incant to get it to run?
        I assume that I call sct:define-distribution-system but what arguments
        do I give it to dump say my whole file system, Z:>Qobi>**>*.*.*
        in a way that it can be reloaded into say, BD:>Siskind>**>*.*.*
        Then what magic do I incant after that to actually do the dump
        and then later the restore?

    Why are you using the LMFS backup dumper or carry-tape?

I am not trying to use either the LMFS backup dumper or carry-tape.
I am trying to use SCT along with the code which you gave me which was
not documented. Since I don't have the source to SCT I can't even try
to figure out what your code does.

    In order to do what you want with SCT, you need to define a logical host
    which translates to Z:>Qobi> when you make the distribution, and
    redefine it to translate to BD:>Siskind> when you restore it.

That much I know how to do. What I was asking is what arguments I pass to
sct:define-distribution-system to get it to dump all of the files
QOBI:**;*.*.* assuming I have defined the logical pathname QOBI to be
Z:>Qobi>.

    In any event, I don't have time to continue this discussion.  Please
    talk directly to someone in Customer Service.

So who do I speak with in Customer Service (net-address or phone number)?