FTP bug with Suns connected to LISP machines...

Thanks to Bill Nesheim from Thinking Machines for the fix to our TCP
problems.  Briefly, when trying to converse between our Suns running
3.4 and Symbolics LISP machines, one of the machines would open a TCP
connection but leave it hanging open without transfering data.

The fix:  Symbolics LISP machines do not recognize trailers on
ethernet.  You must use ifconfig ie0 arp -trailers to get it to work.

John T. Nelson			UUCP: ames!amdcad!sun!sundc!potomac!jtn
Advanced Decision Systems	Internet:  jtn@ads.arpa
1500 Wilson Blvd #512; Arlington, VA 22209-2401		(703) 243-1611

Sine Visa Ars Nihil Est