Overpushing the buffer while booting...

Every other boot on our Symbolics 3670 generates either an "Overpushed
buffer", or "FEP memory full" error and prevents us from booting our
machine.  I suspect that either the "Find IDS Files" command or the
flods we scan are causing FEP memory to fill up.  I've tried "Clear
Command Tree" which clears the flod information out, but this doesn't
help.  I've found that the only way to boot the machine after receiving
this error is to do a reset FEP which is not a satisfactory solution
since this spins the disks down and back up again.

Question is why are we filling up memory so fast and what can be done
to solve the problem other than reseting the FEP?

Yes, I have removed all the version numbers from load microcode and world
load commands which supposedly uses up less memory, but this doesn't help.

John T. Nelson			UUCP: seismo!{sundc,dolqci}!potomac!jtn
Advanced Decision Systems	Internet:  jtn@ads.arpa
1500 Wilson Blvd #512; Arlington, VA 22209-2401		(703) 243-1611