Symbolics terminal emulator works lousy

    Date: Wed, 16 Dec 87 22:41:10 +0100
    From: mcvax!jungfrau!ceb@uunet.UU.NET

    However, I simply do not find it true that Symbolics terminal programs
    "work well".  True, chaos works better than the TCP stuff, but our rep
    told us that if we had any more problems with chaos on our Unix boxes,
    we were on our own.  So we switched to TCP, which leaves so many dead
    copies of deamons lying around, we're thinking of hourly cron shells
    to solve the problem.

I should point out that this sounds like a bug in the Unix TCP
implementation that you're using, not a problem on the Symbolics side.
It's true that if there's a problem with the networking on the Unix,
that means that the practice of using Unix via Terminal "doesn't work"
from a system-wide point of view.

    Both SUPDUP and TELNET have had the problem for a couple of releases
    that they make mincemeat of your screen when you use cursor motion
    commands.

I just tried it (Telnet to Unix via IP/TCP, simulating an Ambassador)
and it worked fine for me.