Static Space filling up

The static space starts filling up. After cold boot, show gc status
shows 11 million, but after a week or so, this gets up to 14.
si:full-gc gets rid of a couple thousand.  I don't think it
is due to this broadcast process bug.  I think it has something to do
with recompiling a lot.  From what I understand the compiled-function-area
is a static space.  Is there anyway to gc this area?
Or is there another area which may be filling up?