Re: Mail, Domain Names, NSLUG, and 7.2 and 8.0, and the coming ice age in Hell.

    Date: Fri, 18 Dec 87 12:52:32 CST
    From: forbus@p.cs.uiuc.edu (Kenneth Forbus)

    Naturally, people's priorities differ.  I did not say Symbolics should
    not provide a mailer, nor that Symbolics should not work on mailers,
    just that it shouldn't surprise anyone if that isn't the highest
    priority on your queue!

And, of course, it isn't.  I'm just pointing out that we're under a lot
of different constraints and pressures, all of which affect the relative
priorities of projects.  (Also, the people who do things like mail
programs are usually distinct from the ones who work on new hardware and
so on, which further complicates the scheduling picture.)  I assure you
that there are plenty of people working on performance, a lot more than
are working on mail.  (Now that I've said that, the people demanding
improvements in mail handling will probably complain; you can't win.  I
won't send any more mail about either subject.)