YACC and FGREP

To all who wonder how I did it: I did not rewrite them in Lisp, just
used ordinary existing C versions.  Of course I have the C compiler,
ZETA-C.  If you have never heard of him before, here is the man who
wrote it and sells it:
    Scott Layson
    Gyro@KESTREL.ARPA
    (408) 429-8381
    119 Treefrog Lane
    Santa Cruz, CA 95060

If anyone out there has a Beta of Symbolics C, could you tell SLUG a
few things about it?  A) Is the wrapper around C functions a pain to
deal with?  B) How does its speed compare with a Sun 3 or a VAX 750?
C) How well does its library support UNIX code?  Thanks.