Speaking of survival of Symbolics ...

    Date: Wed, 10 Feb 88 14:33 EST
    From: Richard Billington <Buff@cis.upenn.edu>

    I have not seen it, but there was apparently an article in the Wall Street
    Journal within the past few days saying that Brian Sears is now the
    ex-President of Symbolics and that Russel Noftsker (my apologies on spelling)
    has somehow changed in status (he was CEO).

    Anybody see the article or know anything more?

The press release was forwarded to me by a friend in Symbolics.  It's at
the bottom of the message.  Other than what's in here, about all that
was in the WSJ article was that it appears that Sear was ousted by the
board of directors (which seems pretty apparent in the press release as
well), and that according to "a Symbolics Employee", people at SCRC were
"dancing in the streets" when they got the news.  I don't believe this
because I know what the weather is like in Boston this winter.  The
halls maybe, not not the streets.

Personally, I was amused at a quote attributed to Tom Farb that he was
surprised that some people hadn't left to find jobs elsewhere.

I understand that the Boston Globe had a large article on the subject as
well, but I haven't seen it.