Applying from japan

    Date: Fri, 12 Feb 88 11:12:24 jst
    From: kddlab!kddspeech.kddlabs.junet!kh@uunet.UU.NET (Kazuo Hashimoto,AILab,7384,2356991)

    Dear Sirs:

    I am applying for SLUG membership & Library priviledges. When I sent
    applications, I enclosed only the membership fee. Recently I read an
    article from Michaels@MCC.COM about "Symbolics Library Tape 3", and
    understood how much I have to pay to whom.

    I have recieved a mail from Louis dated on 9 January 1988.
    It says that " .. your membership has been processed."
    Am I supposed to wait for any letter from Mac@MCC.COM or
    Michaels@MCC.COM before I send the tape fee?

I have your library privileges application.   I do not usually
acknowledge the receipt of library privileges applications.   The
membership secretary works for the same company that I do and he gives
me copies of all library privileges applications.    Mac@MCC.COM and
Michaels@MCC.COM are the same person ... me.    I also am known as
Wilson M. Michaels.

    Or can I directly send to
	    To: Mac Michaels
		MCC
		3500 West Balcones Center Drive
		Austin, Texas  78759

Send you order directly to me.    There is no order form.  Just send a
note telling me which tapes you want and enclose a check drawn in U.S.
dollars.

	    The tape cost:
	     $50 = $35  (basic tape cost)
		    + $10 (for tape 1 and 2)
		    + $5  (for tape 3)
    ???

Wrong.    Each tape costs $35.00 shipped to an address in the U.S.A.
There is an additional charge for shipping orders outside the U.S.A.
The shipping charge is added to the cost of the tapes.  Ordering one
tape (It doesn't matter if it is Tape 1, Tape 2, or Tape 3) to be
shipped to Japan will cost $35 + $10 = $45.  Ordering any two tapes will
cost 2 x $35 + $10 = $80.  Three tapes will cost 3 x $35 + $10 + $5 =
$120.

    Thanks in advance
    kazuo

  -- Wilson M. Michaels