Name Completion software

    Date: Thu, 31 Mar 88 09:07:05 PST
    From: goldman@vaxa.isi.edu

    Does anyone have a non-proprietary lisp implementation of support for
    NAME-COMPLETION?  I am NOT particularly interested in a user interface
    (echoing, line-editing) for name complettion, but in the underlying
    support for keeping track of a moderately large (several 1000s)
    collection of names so that it can be rapidly indexed based on the
    leading string.

I have a version in vanilla common-lisp which uses lisp machine
string-handling (for speed) iff run on a lisp machine.  Let me know if
you want a copy.