Re: standard stream redirection

My apologies, I spoke too soon.  My test only did one level of tracing.  As soon
as you are two levels deep, the tracing broke as you described.  Genera 7.2
seems to work ok but 7.1 fails.  I poked around a bit and didn't see an
easy way to fix it for you (since I don't have 7.1 sources and I couldn't
send you Symbolics's code anyway).  However, you *MIGHT* try the following
and see if it works without causing any further problems.  (It seems to work
but I don't know if it might cause other problems.)

(defmethod (:character-width fs:nfile-output-character-stream) (&rest ignore)
	1)

1P.S.  IT SURE IS NICE TO HAVE ALL THE SOURCE CODE!!!!!!!
	THANKS TO ALL THOSE AT SYMBOLICS WHO HELPED TO MAKE IT AVAILABLE...

0P.P.S.  Problems such as this probably should have been sent to
Symbolics's CUSTOMER-REPORTS rather than to SLUG.   (I never ran into this
problem but that probably is because I also would redirect my trace output to a
Dynamic-window (in the window, (SETQ *TRACE-OUTPUT* *TERMINAL-IO*))
or an editor buffer (I have a command to do that).)