Help with (flavor:method :background-gray dw:margin-label) in 7.1

(send *dynamic-window* :set-margin-components
                       '((dw:margin-label :string "name"
                                          :background-gray tv:10%-gray)))

   Executing the above invokes the debugger with a message that tv:10%-gray
is not an array.  The following blurb is found in the documentation and
causes me some confusion as to what the method is expecting for an
argument.

   Book 7A, p.405: "Note that the specification is for an array object,
                    not its symbol."

   After reading that I tried the following which also did not work:

(send ... :background-gray (symbol-value tv:10%-gray)))

   And finally I tried:

(send ... :background-gray (eval tv:10%-gray)))

   What exactly should I send to this method to gray the margin label?

Michael Kelsen <kelsen@ge-dab.GE.COM>