Flavor bug

   Date: Sat, 21 May 88 18:03 EDT
   From: SWM@SAPSUCKER.SCRC.Symbolics.COM (Scott McKay)

   Doesn't the (LENGTH LENGTH) in the :WRITABLE-INSTANCE-VARIABLES make a
   g-f called LENGTH?

Yes.  As a conc-name fanatic, so I don't ever see this cliche.

       The debugger's a much better place to be.

   Yup, but if my theory is right about redefining LENGTH, then the
   Debugger may not work at all.  (Hmm.  LENGTH is microcoded, though, isn't
   it?  I guess I'm just not so sure now.)

Yes, about the debugger (and most anything else) not working after
redefining length.  Maybe defflavor should check for this sort of thing
before expanding.  If it were already a g-f, though, the intention might
be to clobber an old definition.  But defflavor could check to see
whether the g-f is already specified as a function, requiring an
explicit FUNDEFINE before expansion.